With Autolaunchers, you can automatically launch topics for specific types of users. Autolaunchers will launch after the rule or segment is met. For example, you can use this feature to launch a topic only to new users, with a Segment based on a rule about the account creation time. You can create a new Autolauncher in the Automation tab. You can also use the Create new autolauncher button in the People tab. In this article, we'll explain how this feature works.
To create an autolauncher from the People tab:
1. Go to Sites and choose a Site for which you want to create an Autolauncher.
2. Go to the People tab.
3. If you want to create an Autolauncher that will target a particular Segment, choose a Segment on the left side menu.
4. You can also add additional parameters to narrow the list of users. You can add up to 20 parameters. You can use it just for targeting the Autolauncher - you don't need to save it.
5. If all the rules are set, click + Create new autolauncher to add an Autolauncher. When you add new parameters without saving them, you'll see a warning from the browser informing you that your changes were not saved. If you don't want to save it, simply click Leave.
6. You'll be redirected to the Autolauncher edit screen were you will see that the rules and conditions were transferred.
7. Now, you can continue creating your Autolauncher. Choose a Topic that you want to link with the Autolauncher.
8. The Play as part of Campaing checkbox will add the Autolauncher as part of an Autolauncher Campaign when it is checked. Read more about the Autolauncher campaign in our in-depth article.
9. Choose a Number of plays - how many times the Autolauncher should play the selected topic. By default, the Autolauncher is set to play only once. If you want to launch the Autolauncher several times, enter a specific number. If you want to play it again and again, enter 0.
10. With Play again after, you can set up Autolauncher to play the Topic multiple times. This setting allows you to set a minimum time interval to start the Topic again. If you set it to 24 hours, the Autolauncher will launch again after the 24 hours interval.
11. If you check the Play only if topic wasn't completed checkbox (checked by default) it will make the Autolauncher play only if it wasn't completed (the user didn't go through the whole walkthrough to the end.)
12. You can also check Allow users to dismiss this autolaunched Topic by checking "Do not show again." Choosing this option allows your users to opt-out of the autolaunched Topic. If the user has chosen to dismiss the autolaunched Topic, the Topic will not be launched automatically in the future whether the user has completed the Topic or not.
Now, if you want to, you can take advantage of advanced activation rules.
13. You can select a Language. The Autolauncher will activate only when InlineManualOptions.language is set to the appropriate language code (ISO 639-1 code, e.g. en for English).
14. You can select a Device. The Autolauncher will activate only on a particular device category. Choose from All, Mobile or Desktop.
15. You can also set up URL Match:
- Pattern - Autolauncher is activated only when the URL matches this pattern. Enter absolute URL with * as a wildcard: e.g. ://.example.com/*, :///some/path, :///?aa=&bb=123#xxx. This option can be used for a simple URL match where * is used as a wildcard.
- Match (regex) - enter a regular expression that should match. Match (regex) allows you to add more complex conditions for the URL where you want the Autolauncher to appear. Read more about Regex if you need more information on how to define conditions with it.
- Not match (regex) - enter a regular expression that should not match.
16. With scheduled publishing, you can set up auto-publishing and auto-expiration dates.
17. If all set, confirm adding an Autolauncher with the Create button.
18. If instead you click on the Create and deactivate button it will create your Autolauncher but it will be inactive (paused.) You can use this feature to make "drafts."